Saturday, April 27, 2013

c2e2

this past weekend was the chicago comic entertainment expo (C2E2). i went friday and saturday. friday i went by myself. that's right i took off work to go to this. hehe. saturday i went with my cousin. for my cousin it was her first convention so it was cool to show her what they are all about. i hope she enjoyed it and will want to go to more. i know i love going to them! hehe. over all i had a great time. makes me super excited for dragon con this year! hehe. for pictures of my weekend, go to my flickr and instagram.

here's a random breakdown of the weekend. in no particular order:
-this year i dressed up in costume for the first time. friday i dressed up as captain america. it was cool for it was the first time people stopped me and asked for my picture. which is always a compliment. means the hard work that went into the costume paid off. saturday i wore my steampunk costume. my sister made the harness i wear for that, so i was excited to display it for the first time. my sister can sew that is for sure! hehe. no one asked for my photo in my steampunk costume, but i did get some compliments about it.
-got to see my friend jimmy. he was my boss when i worked at a comic shop, so it was cool to see him.
-got to meet some of the people that work for challenger comics. i have been chatting with them on twitter, so it was nice to put a face to the group. all of them were very nice.
-the swag i got this year was: captain america piggy bank - which really it's just a nice cheap bust of captain america. captain america/red skull salt and pepper shakers. a signed poster from cbldf of lil depressed boy. a captain america travel mug. i'm very excited to take that to work. no one will confuse my drink for theirs. hehe. a really sweet necklace. a comic that jae lee did the cover for. i love his art work, he is amazing! a replica river song journal. i'm going to use it as my own journal.
-i got robert atkins signature. he's known for his g.i. joe stuff. but he also has done some marvel work. he drew a really cool cover for spiderman.
-saw some really cool costumes. harley quinn, the joker, batman, iron man, steampunk, dr who, captain america and so many more.
-i saw one of the dr's i work for there. it was cool to see him outside of work. you never think of the dr's as 'normal people' but really they are. hehe.
-the 501st legion: vader's fist were there. they are always at dragon con so it was cool to see them at c2e2. they are people who dress up in exact replica's of star wars empire troopers. their costumes are always pretty sweet.

so over all i had a great time. i was on my feet all weekend and now i'm ready to just lay down for many many hours. hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment